Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Go Ahead and Jump


I like waking up happy, don't you?  

And I like feeling great all day.  But it wasn't always easy to be happy and feel great.

My husband was an officer in the air force and our family moved a lot over the past 20-something years. My resume looks like I can't keep a job...but we were busy moving around the world like gypsies.

I found creative ways to stay healthy and happy.  It's easier to stay healthy than it is to try to find it once it's lost.

The moves were stressful. Living a military lifestyle is stressful. Eventually my health suffered.  But I got it back and the great thing is that I saw parts of the world that I may never have seen.  

I'm stronger than ever. And happier.

I am lucky because my mother remembered some of the natural health approaches from her home country of Lithuania, a little country in Eastern Europe.  What I learned from Mom was way different than what I learned in school.

I studied and got all these: Master's of Science degree in Kinesiology and Health Promotion, Natural Health Counselor, Integral Yoga Teacher, Stress Management Teacher, Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, and a few others.  

I studied a little Buddhism in Korea - never speaking - always meditating or moving slowly and  playing a special drum. 

They yelled at me when I was playing the drum sometimes. I didn't know what they were saying.  I don't think they were mad. But one lady seemed offended by the way I held the drumstick. Maybe she was just trying to help.

I combine eastern thought and western science to try and make sense of health challenges. 

Do you want to feel great right now?  

Here's something I learned in Korea.  Go to a place where you have a lot of room, and freedom of movement.

Stand up, keep your knees soft, and then just swing your arms, until you're sort of slapping yourself lightly.  Then begin to jump up and down just a little bit.  Remember to bend your knees.  Jump around a little for about 20 seconds.  Then smile as big as you can.

See, don't you feel great?  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment