Monday, November 30, 2015

We are in

It took just over a year, but we are living in the little house.

It's amazing when I think that we did all of this ourselves. Bruce did most of it. We had about a week (twice) with our good friend who came out and helped put the Hardie board up for siding, and each son took a turn helping also.

There is still a lot the we need to do but the first building (phase 1) is mostly done!  Since this photo was taken we have completed the stairs down but we have a punch list about a mile long which includes painting the exterior and putting in a few more shelves and finishing the interior window frames...

We have collected so much water that the tanks are full and, although I still conserve, it's good to know that we are not in any danger of running out in the next several months.

I love my kitchen sink.  I'm happy to have a proper stove with a double oven again.

And a dishwasher.  I'm glad to have a dishwasher again.

Now if we could do a little something about the mud.  That's on the list, but I don't think it's going to be dealt with very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment